help configure project for HPC - non-standard ways to run the executable

help configure project for HPC - non-standard ways to run the executable

Anton Shterenlikht
Hi, I'm new to this list.

I develop a Fortran 2008 coarrays project
targeting HPC systems.
I'd like to simplify my build process with autotools.

The immediate problem is that the executable is
run in different ways on different platforms.

For example, OpenCoarrays compiler is "caf", but
the executable is run with "cafrun -np .. ./a.out".
This is similar to "mpif90" and "mpirun" for MPI
programs. On Cray I compile with "ftn" and run with
"aprun" (it's also cross-compiled, but I'm not there yet).

So I get errors like:

configure:2850: caf -o conftest    conftest.f  >&5
configure:2854: $? = 0
configure:2861: ./conftest
[[hidden email]] match_arg (utils/args/args.c:159): unrecognized argument pmi_
args
[[hidden email]] HYDU_parse_array (utils/args/args.c:174): argument matching r
eturned error
[[hidden email]] parse_args (ui/mpich/utils.c:1596): error parsing input array
[[hidden email]] HYD_uii_mpx_get_parameters (ui/mpich/utils.c:1648): unable to
 parse user arguments
[[hidden email]] main (ui/mpich/mpiexec.c:153): error parsing parameters

because the invocation should have been
 "cafrun -np .. ./conftest"
for this compiler.

Is there a standard way of implementing this
in configure.ac?

I looked at ax_prog_fc_mpi:

https://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf-archive/ax_prog_fc_mpi.html

which looks similar but not exactly what I need.

Thanks

Anton