absolute beginner

Catonano
Hello,

I'd like to create a Guile Scheme project linking to a C library, Freexl.

I copied guile-gcrypt, it does exactly that

Then I changed all thhe occurrences of "gcrypt" to "freexl"

But when I run configure in guile-gcrypt I get

checking for guile-config... /home/me/.guix-profile/bin/guile-config
checking for libgcrypt-config...
/gnu/store/1y54p19lvz3rh6a5dyynnffn9dbal2li-profile/bin/libgcrypt-config
checking libgcrypt's library directory...
/gnu/store/hag795ji8p9vqikwp8cibfibpsa39s3n-libgcrypt-1.7.6/lib
checking for libgcrypt shared library name...
/gnu/store/hag795ji8p9vqikwp8cibfibpsa39s3n-libgcrypt-1.7.6/lib/libgcrypt

As you can see it checks that "...bin/libgcrypt-config" is present AND it
checks the "shared library name"

But when I run it in my guile-freexl II get

checking for guile-config... /home/me.guix-profile/bin/guile-config
checking for freexl shared library name...
/gnu/store/13p9jpf8gp3mg414az1dsf59vw2hyyw2-profile/lib/libfreexl

as you can see it DOESN'T look for any ...bin/freexl-config AND it doesn't
look for the library shared name

why ?

It is substantially the same repo, I cloned it and changed the strings
"gcrypt" to "freexl"

That's all I did

Thanks in advance

Re: absolute beginner

Marco Maggi
Catonano wrote:

> I'd like to create a Guile Scheme project linking to a C library, Freexl.

You should ask on the Guile  and maybe Guix mailing lists.  Also, nobody
can help you if you do not provide links to code that people can browse.
--
Marco Maggi

Re: absolute beginner

Catonano

> Catonano wrote:
>
> > I'd like to create a Guile Scheme project linking to a C library, Freexl.
>
> You should ask on the Guile  and maybe Guix mailing lists.  Also, nobody
> can help you if you do not provide links to code that people can browse.
> --
> Marco Maggi

thank you so much for your reply

This is my attempt (it doesn't find freexl)
 https://gitlab.com/humanitiesNerd/guile-freexl

And this is guile-gcrypt (it works like a charm)
https://notabug.org/cwebber/guile-gcrypt