Documentation of AX_CXX_COMPILE_STDCXX_11 on Autoconf macro archives

Documentation of AX_CXX_COMPILE_STDCXX_11 on Autoconf macro archives

Robert Hairgrove
This is more of a documentation bug. In the introduction on this page,
it is mentioned that one must also install the macro
AX_CXX_COMPILE_STDCXX in order to use it:

https://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf-archive/ax_cxx_compile_stdcxx_11.html

What is NOT mentioned is that it is also necessary to install
AX_REQUIRE_DEFINED if you don't already have it. I didn't have it, and
as a result got errors in configure about a "possibly undefined macro
AC_MSG_WARN". Fortunately, it was easy to spot by looking at the line
number in configure which appeared in the error message. But it would
have saved me some time if it had been mentioned in the same page.

I am using version 2.69 of autoconf.

Re: Documentation of AX_CXX_COMPILE_STDCXX_11 on Autoconf macro archives

Eric Blake-3
On 01/22/2017 06:39 AM, Robert Hairgrove wrote:
> This is more of a documentation bug. In the introduction on this page,
> it is mentioned that one must also install the macro
> AX_CXX_COMPILE_STDCXX in order to use it:
>
> https://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf-archive/ax_cxx_compile_stdcxx_11.html

Thanks for the report.  However, autoconf-archive is a separate project
from autoconf, so your report is better directed to that mailing list.
Per
https://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf-archive/Introduction.html#Introduction,
the address is [hidden email]

--
Eric Blake   eblake redhat com    +1-919-301-3266

Re: Documentation of AX_CXX_COMPILE_STDCXX_11 on Autoconf macro archives

Robert Hairgrove
Thank you, Eric ... I have forwarded this to the maintainers of the
Autoconf archives as you suggested.

Cheers,
Bob