Definition of AC_CHECK_FUNCS

Nikita Karetnikov
How can I dump the actual code that AC_CHECK_FUNCS expands to?
https://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf/manual/autoconf-2.67/html_node/Generic-Functions.html
In other words, what exactly is used to determine whether a function is
available or not?

FWIW, I've tried running various commands from
https://www.gnu.org/software/m4/manual/m4-1.4.13/html_node/Debug-Levels.html
on lib/autoconf/functions.m4 to no avail.

Re: Definition of AC_CHECK_FUNCS

Mathieu Lirzin
Hello,

Nikita Karetnikov <[hidden email]> writes:

> How can I dump the actual code that AC_CHECK_FUNCS expands to?
> https://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf/manual/autoconf-2.67/html_node/Generic-Functions.html
> In other words, what exactly is used to determine whether a function is
> available or not?

Since the result is stored in the 'ac_cv_func_FUNCTION' variable, you
can search for it in the generated configure script.  You will find
something like:

  ac_fn_c_check_func "$LINENO" "foo" "ac_cv_func_foo"
if test "x$ac_cv_func_foo" = xyes; then :

then, you can you check the shell function 'ac_fn_c_check_func ()' to see
the code snippet used.

Does it answer your question?

--
Mathieu Lirzin

On Thu, Apr 07, 2016 at 09:16:45AM +0200, Mathieu Lirzin wrote:
> Does it answer your question?

Yes, it does perfectly.  Thank you so much!