Clean rebuild

Russell Wallace
How do you do a clean rebuild, i.e. rebuilding all machine-generated files?
I tried autoconf -i, tried prefixing it with make clean, tried prefixing it
with make distclean, but configure still had an old timestamp, so I tried
manually rm configure, but the newly generated configure is still printing
some debug code that I've deleted from its source file.

Re: Clean rebuild

Gavin Smith
On 25 March 2016 at 02:25, Russell Wallace <[hidden email]> wrote:
> How do you do a clean rebuild, i.e. rebuilding all machine-generated files?
> I tried autoconf -i, tried prefixing it with make clean, tried prefixing it
> with make distclean, but configure still had an old timestamp, so I tried
> manually rm configure, but the newly generated configure is still printing
> some debug code that I've deleted from its source file.

Another thing to try is "autoreconf -i"  or "autoreconf -if".